I’m compiling a list of all the Art and Photo Tumblrs out there that are worth following. I’d really appreciate any reblogs of this post, the more people we have contributing to the list the better!
I’m looking for Tumblrs that feature works by different artists and give credit to the original creators. Do not submit Tumblrs that feature work by just one person (ie. portfolio sites) or Tumblrs that do not give credit to any work.
Submit your Tumblr and see the most up to date list: HERE.
+ + +
This is awesome!
Sharing the wealth.
Listen Up: #chiprobinson #mylow
The Rolling Stones at my studio #1
“The problem is the medium’s literalness, so the photographer is not only trying to go beyond subject matter and find subject, she has to take her audience with her. Most people, and this can include people quite sophisticated and well versed in other arts, assume that if the photograph is of a white horse, the photographer is talking about white horses rather than loneliness or loss, or any number of apparently unlikely subjects, as well as the more obvious metaphors like strength or grace. Of course, the ultimate task for any photographer is to talk about the most unlikely things and the white horse, in short, to tell the subject’s tale as well as her own.”
Photograph from This Russia, (2008) by Irina Rozovsky.
WTF! I am so mad at this.
- Because men don’t rape men?
- Because the thing we should complain about when we hear about RAMPANT SEXUAL VIOLENCE is that men and women work together
- Is he implying that if he’s left alone with women he wouldn’t be able to control himself?
- Does he really think that low of men that he thinks being in the mere presence of women they would assault them
- How can you use genius sarcastically and misspell the word “assaults?”